CalAmp Introduces COLT, an Enabling Platform for Mobile and Remote Asset Management - Communications, command and control infrastructure for remotely managing networked devices and services
OXNARD, Calif., Sept. 23, 2010 – CalAmp Corp. (NASDAQ: CAMP), a leading provider of wireless products, services and solutions, has introduced COLT (CalAmp On-Line Telemetric platform), its next-generation, enterprise-class software solution designed specifically for telemetric and telematics applications.
The new COLT software platform from CalAmp gives companies the ability to create and manage large scale wireless device systems for remote monitoring and control applications. Designed to integrate seamlessly with companies' existing management information systems, COLT provides the necessary wireless communication, network and device management services needed to implement complex machine-to-machine (M2M) applications in corporate enterprise environments.
"Large enterprises can benefit significantly by using wireless communications to monitor and control remote assets. However, managing large networks of wireless devices and integrating the data collected from these devices is a major challenge for most corporations," said Mike Zachan, Vice President and General Manager of CalAmp's Telemetric Systems business.
COLT simplifies this process by providing all the low-level network and device management services necessary to manage large networks of wirelessly connected devices. Data collected from the wireless devices is then made available through COLT's high-level application program interface (API), making it easy to collect data and integrate information into existing enterprise management software.
"Designed specifically for telemetric and telematics applications, COLT is a scalable solution capable of supporting networks with millions of devices. At the same time, its inherently simple architecture allows COLT to be easily adapted and integrated with existing enterprise applications," Zachan noted.
The COLT platform is also the foundation for CalAmp's own mobile and remote asset management solutions for personal tracking and mobile inventory management, as well as for the company's industry-leading Aercept vehicle finance solution.
Elements of the COLT platform include:
- Service-Oriented Architecture – Designed to support any type of wireless M2M telematics or telemetric application, the modular architecture is easily scaled. COLT's network, device, user and account management services can be easily integrated with existing enterprise management systems to create a robust monitoring and control capability for wide-ranging business applications.
- Extensive Communications Support – COLT supports CalAmp's wide array of industrial-strength wireless devices as well as third-party datacom units -- offering data, SMS and voice messaging, with North American wireless coverage, and a significant and increasing European, Asian and South American service footprint.
- Robust Enterprise API – COLT's API simplifies integration with existing enterprise software and the development of new applications. The system is designed for integration at any level, from network to application layer.
- Highly Secure and Reliable – The COLT platform features enterprise-class security. A Class IV Co-location Network Operations Center houses redundant, load-balanced servers with 24/7 system monitoring and back-up, along with network, application and physical security, which serve to protect user privacy at all levels from on-site and online attacks.
- Management Functions –
- Devices & Network: Through the COLT platform users activate, de-activate, and associate devices with assets, users, accounts and carriers. COLT users also initiate control commands, alerts and updates.
- Communications: COLT supports CalAmp and third party devices, providing communications channels for email, SMS, and voice messaging.
- Telemetry Database: The COLT system allows users to manage account, user, device and network data. Users access information on event history, airtime usage, billing, and generate database queries and reports.
"The COLT platform makes it possible to quickly build and manage complex networks of wireless devices and data services. COLT is ideal for use in mobile inventory management systems for rental, rail, truck and container applications, and for remote metering and control in smart energy applications," Zachan said.
CalAmp develops and markets wireless communications solutions that deliver data, voice and video for critical networked communications and other applications. The Company's two business segments are Wireless DataCom, which serves utility, governmental and enterprise customers, and Satellite, which focuses on the North American Direct Broadcast Satellite market. For more information, please visit www.calamp.com.
For more information contact:
Jim White, Principal
The White Group, Marketing & Communications
Mike Zachan, VP & General Manager
CalAmp Telemetric Systems
Submitted by: LogisticsWorld
email@example.com, 10/3/2010 3:53:08 AM
Import / Export
Travel / Tourism
Trade / Finance
Business / Mgmt
Govt / Military
Find related books at...
Airports / Airport Codes
Seaports / Seaport Codes
U.S. Customs Brokers
Transport / Logistics Acronyms
NAICS and SIC Codes
Harmonized Tariff Schedule
World Time Zones
World Time Clock
ISO 3166 Country Codes
ISO 4217 Currency Codes
FIPS Country Codes
U.S. Government Links
Lean, Six Sigma Links
Books and Publications
Weights and Measures
North America |